Page 30 of 35
|You will start using a refractometer timidly. You will think that identifying HIGH QUALITY food could not be so simple. Then, as you become experienced, you will learn that it really is so simple. For instance…
- You will put back the watery, tasteless, low brix tomato.
- You will smile at the vendor’s "pretty" string beans and ask when he expects to get good tasting beans.
- You will insist on a small sample of melon or pineapple...or forgo buying, because you are tired of taking low quality melons and pineapples home.
- You may sometimes buy marked-down items, or some of the 'canning' peaches because your test proved them HIGHER QUALITY than the 'picture pretty' produce. You will begin to expect HIGH QUALITY produce and you will start getting HIGH QUALITY produce.
- You will get HIGH QUALITY produce because you will be able to identify HIGH QUALITY.
With practice you will casually get the test-drop and only quickly glance in the viewfinder. You will rarely be fooled. Some buyers actually have the vendor give them a drop of juice to test. You will teach your children---and their children---how to select proper food.
You will share, and help your children re-discover, the yummy taste of the HIGH QUALITY fruits & vegetables humans deserve.
No one will have to convince you that you are providing you and your children superior nutrition.
That is because you will convince yourself